Saturday, August 8, 2015

Journaling

I have always loved writing down my thoughts...from documenting family vacations to writing short stories, I have small journals full of everything in-between. However, it wasn't until a small group Christmas party that I really started journaling.

My sweet friend Shelbi, who is one of the most grounded role models I know, gave me the best Christmas gift I could have asked for. She had this journal that I commented on more times than I can count. She took it everywhere with her and I watched the pages fill up throughout the year. I admired from afar, but had never even thought about getting my own. When I unwrapped my secret Santa gift, my heart filled with joy as I saw the familiar green cover under the wrapping.

She had written a genuine and heartfelt note about why she journals and I still go back and read that to this day. She encouraged me to pick up a pen and give my burdens to God, and wow has that drastically changed my life.

"You will be amazed at the blessings that will come out of this small tool."

Seven years later...I have a stack full of journals and pages filled with sweet truth, unashamed tears, countless prayers, heartfelt worries, heavy burdens, monumental milestones, and incredible praises glorifying our ever-sovereign and faithful God. Years of life, dozens of pages, and one God who never ceases to stop listening. Journaling has become one of the sweetest parts of my walk with the Lord and I am forever grateful for the days I can go back and read the journey He has taken me on and continue walking, and writing, page-by-page, my day-to-day struggles, joy-filled moments, and the continued unknowns of this grace-filled life we live.


No comments:

Post a Comment