Friday, August 7, 2015

Every leap of faith has moments of uncertainty...

The beginning of the school year for a teacher...who is not teaching...

This summer and beginning of August has been full of so many emotions as this is the first year that I am certified as a teacher and could be setting up my own classroom and welcoming in little ones. Feelings of making the wrong decision, of feeling behind, of second guessing my path that I am on... However, even though I am not "teaching in a classroom," I know my year will be full of teachable moments, both as the teacher and the student.

"Don't dig up in doubt what you planted in faith." -Elisabeth Elliot 

My journey through the Forge isn't the same path that most of my friends/fellow teachers are on, but as one of my mentors and Education professor's said, "Stay focused on your purpose - you KNOW you are walking in His will and being completely obedient. Don't think of it as a delay to teaching - you were called to do this work and you answered in complete faith."

This isn't how I imagined spending my first August out of college, but it is neat to know that this is where I am right now, and I will continue walking in it and trusting that it is where I am supposed to be.

"The fear of making a wrong decision shouldn't strip the faith right out of our faith." 
"As long as you desire to please God with your decisions, no decision you make will be completely awful. Nor will any decision you make be completely awesome. Every decision is a package deal of both. Every thrill has an element of risk. Every leap of faith has moments of uncertainty. And every great success story has elements of failure."
-Lysa TerKeurst, "The Best Yes"

In these moments of uncertainty, I am holding fast to the faith that I have, and trying my best to walk daily in obedience and trust. I am thankful for everyone who is walking alongside of me in this journey. I can't say thank you enough for every prayer, donation, word of encouragement, and support.

With so much love and thankfulness, and a heart learning to trust...

http://www.journeythroughtheforge.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment