Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Siesta Scripture Memory


Beth Moore cheers on this Siesta Scripture Memory Team every other year and encourages women to memorize 24 verses throughout the year. Every two weeks she posts on her Living Proof Minisitries Blog and shares the verse she is going to memorize. You comment on each of the blog posts throughout the year and post which verse you are memorizing depending on your own needs and challenges at that time. There is a fun celebration at the beginning of the new year for the women that stick it out through thick and thin and memorize 24 verses.

Beth Moore puts it like this... "The Word of God alive, active, and abiding in us which speaks to us, shields us, warns us, strengthens us, sanctifies us, equips us in our callings, and directs us in our decision making. It sharpens our insight and improves our discernment. It makes us wiser and, let’s be bold enough to say, even smarter. Our brains were hardwired to flourish across the board when nourished by the Scriptures. Above all else, Scripture abiding and thriving in us builds up our faith, for “faith comes from hearing and hearing through the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17) And, Girlfriend, we want to be women of faith. That faith erupts into works that were planned for each of us before the creation of the world. (Ephesians 2:10)"

So this year, my little sister and I are hopping on board. Two verses a month, twenty-four this year, a heart waiting to be filled with the active, alive, and abiding Word of God.

My first verse is Galatians 5:25, "Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." I love this verse and since I'm graduating this year, I'm trusting that the Spirit will lead and guide me I every aspect of my life.


This is a picture that I took in the Middle East...love the symbolism of the Jesus walking paths similar to this one. Praying for the Spirit to guide me along this path this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment